15 Questions To Ask Your Make-Up Artist
Make sure you are the best You on your wedding day!
Your wedding makeup has to look flawless, gorgeous and most importantly, like you (or Angelina Jolie). Don’t worry, we know exactly how to find the right one, so sit back and enjoy the trial runs – here are some questions to ask!
1) Do you specialise in wedding make-up?
Wedding make-up artists have different skills to fashion and editorial artists (although a professional can do both) and will know how to make you look spectacular and natural in your wedding photos, no matter the lighting.
2) Can I see photographs of brides whose make-up you did?
You will want to know if the artist’s style works well with yours and if you can imagine yourself wearing one of their looks on your wedding day.
3) Can I contact them for references?
A wedding make-up artist will be with you on the most exciting morning of your life and you want a professional who will keep you calm and relaxed. The only way to find out if the artist is a calming presence is by asking previous brides.
4) What does your price include?
Find out if the overall price includes a make-up trial and ask about the prices for Mother of the Bride and Bridesmaid make-up. Arranging their make-up is a great gift idea for your team!
5) Are you able to travel to my location?
The majority of artists will charge you more if they have to travel to your destination, so make sure you know how much you will be required to pay.
6) How long will make-up take on the day?
Essential information for you to figure out a stress-free time schedule for W-Day.
7) How long will you be staying for on the day?
This is a good question to ask because you are almost guaranteed to get teary during your ceremony and it is handy to have someone there to touch up your make-up for the photos or to leave a touch-up kit.
8) How long will the make-up trial take? Do I need to prepare for the trial and how do I prepare?
The more looks you want to try, the more time the trial will require, but some artists will only have certain time slots available. We also advise you wear a white top for the trial, to give you an idea of how your skin will look next to your dress on W-Day.
9) Will a fake tan affect my make-up?
You need to communicate if you are planning on bronzing yourself in the run-up to your wedding day, so that the artist is prepared with the correct colours and shades!
10) What brands of make-up do you use?
The products your artist uses should be allergy tested and of the highest standard for your wedding day.
11) Would you be open to using my own make-up?
For some brides it is paramount that they use their own make-up, especially if they have sensitive skin. It is also a great idea to ask the artist if he/she has used these products before.
12) I have sensitive skin and I am worried about wearing heavy make-up?
Your potential artist should have extensive knowledge of skin types and the products that they use, so they should advise you which products would work best with your skin.
13) Do you also do wedding hair?
If not, find out if they would be happy working alongside your hair stylist, or if you haven’t found a stylist yet, ask for some recommendations!
14) If you are happy to travel to my home, do you have any specific space requirements for the trial and for the wedding day?
The majority of make-up artists will need an open space and natural light to do the make-up in.
15) What will happen if you can’t make it on my wedding day?
Reputable artists will always have a professional at the ready to make sure you look flawless on your wedding day.
Browse other similar articles: