9 Tips To Consider When Shopping For Your Wedding Dress
You will find your dress in no time with our nifty tips!
Choosing your dress is one of the most exciting parts of being engaged. Grab the bubbles, some of your nearest and dearest and hit the shops!
1) Give yourself plenty of time. It can take around 6 months to make a wedding dress, so give yourself lots of time to enjoy all the appointments and fittings.
2) Research away. Working out what you like and don’t like is the first step, so make a few appointments. Then you will know you’ve found the perfect dress – gold star for you.
3) Who to bring? Part of you wants to bring a gaggle of friends to drink bubbly and try on a bunch of dresses, but many of the brides we know feel that they don’t want too many opinions. Taking your Mum, Sister or Maid of Honour will make sure you aren’t overwhelmed and can get the most honest feedback!
4) Be Prepared. Some stores ask you come without makeup or perfume on for fittings, so check before. Neutral coloured, seamless underwear works best when trying on dresses – or rock out the fluorescent pink if that’s your vibe.
6) Wedding lingerie. If your underwear is set to lift and hide your lumps and bumps, choose something practical for the day. Save something sexier for the wedding night – phwoarrrr.
7) Think through the storage and transportation. Think about where your dress will be stored pre-wedding and how it will be transported to the wedding location. Wedding dresses can require a lot of space (and believe it or not, you can buy your dress a seat on a plane)!
8) Get it in writing. Make sure you have all the details (whether given to you in the store or sent via email) such as: when your dress is due for delivery and the dates of your fittings in writing.
9) Dry cleaning. Budget in the dry cleaning of the dress post-wedding. It will often cost a lot more than you expect.
Browse other similar articles: