We fully understand the impact that COVID-19 is having on the wedding industry and on you, our venues. That’s why all of us at Bridebook HQ are pulling together to provide you with as much support as possible. We’ve created a series of educational articles and videos to help you and your team navigate these challenging times and hopefully bring some positivity along the way. Make sure you bookmark this guide which we will be continually updating with relevant advice and support.
Bridebook recognise an opportunity to create a larger industry-wide network of professionals from which we can all benefit from the exchange of ideas, advice and information. Therefore, we are proud to announce the creation of The Association of British Wedding Businesses, which we invite you to join. Click here to join us as a founding member.
The CEO and founder of Bridebook.co.uk sends out an urgent call to support and save our community and industry amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Click here to sign the petition.
- Read the letter: An open letter to the British Government on behalf of the UK Wedding Professional Community
VideosCovid Advice Video Series
Curated by Hamish Shephard, Bridebook CEO & owner of Hedsor House, this video series covers some of the most challenging issues that you and your wedding venue might be facing now and over the coming weeks.
- COVID Advice Series for Wedding Venues Part 1 – Intro
- COVID Advice Series for Wedding Venues Part 2 – Postponements & Cancellations
- COVID Advice Series for Wedding Venues Part 3 – Virtual Venue Tours
- COVID Advice Series for Wedding Venues Part 4 – Getting new wedding bookings
Bridebook ArticlesBusiness Advice & Support
Providing guidance based on the latest updates and Government advice, these articles will help you make informed business decisions throughout this period of uncertainty.
- An open letter to the British Government on behalf of the UK Wedding Professional Community
- How Bridebook is responding to COVID-19 and its impact on the Wedding Industry
- Wedding venue show rounds – what now?
- Bridebook Product Update – Video Tours
- Do’s & Don’ts of COVID-19 for Wedding Venues
- What to remember when postponing weddings, in order to protect your business
- Productivity hacks for remote working
- Why wedding venues should be offering virtual tours, and how best to do them
- A venue’s experience of creating a virtual tour for the first time
- How to Make the Most of Social Media during the Pandemic Part 1 – Your Strategy
- How to Make the Most of Social Media during the Pandemic Part 2 – Your Content
- Content advice for wedding professionals during the pandemic Part 1 – What type of content should you be creating?
- Content advice for wedding professionals during the pandemic Part 2 – Where should you be sharing your content?
- Content advice for wedding professionals during the pandemic Part 3 – How to build and implement your content strategy
- Why reviews are more important than ever during the covid crisis
- How should you be updating your website during the pandemic?
The health and wellbeing of you and your team is paramount. Have a read of our top tips and advice, from how to work effectively as a remote team to fun ideas for quarantine!
- 6 ways wedding professionals can look after their mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus
- Working from home best practices
- 9 tips for wedding professionals on how to work remotely with children
- Fun things to do in quarantine part 1
- Fun things to do in quarantine part 2
- Fun things to do in quarantine part 3
Are your couples looking for advice? We’ve written a series of articles for couples below. Please do feel free to share these directly!
- Covid-19 Wedding Advice for Couples from Bridebook CEO, Hamish Shephard
- How will Coronavirus Affect My Wedding? A 7 Step Guide to Dealing with the Outbreak
- How you can plan a wedding whilst being remote
- Why having a weekday wedding can be the best decision you make
Of course if you need any further help then please do reach out to anyone in the Bridebook team. You can also join the UK Wedding Venue Slack group where +800 wedding venues are discussing the fast evolving COVID-19 situation and sharing helpful tips and advice. If you have any thoughts or tips yourself then please do join in and share – we are in this together!