Saving Tips: Bridesmaid Dresses
Your bridal party consists of your best pals, who have supported you throughout the planning process, who have sat up into the early hours with you making favours and sipping on bubbly and who will be wearing the second most gorgeous dresses on your wedding day. As you help them choose their bridesmaid’s dresses, some of the options may slightly stretch their budgets, so make sure your gals look flawless and don’t max out their credit cards with our nifty tips:
1) Try second hand! Many bridesmaids sell their dresses straight after a wedding, so there are beautiful, barely worn dresses out there. Similarly, tell your bridesmaids to sell theirs after (obviously not before!) the big day and they can make some cash back. Ebay is awesome for this.
2) Consider renting the bridesmaids dresses. Luckily, the US trend has come to the UK and the most amazing dresses, including Badgley Mishka and McQueen, are now available to bridesmaids at amazingly low prices.
3) Try online stores. Often the bridesmaids dresses that you are looking for will be available at a cheaper price somewhere else, or some websites will offer discount coupons.
4) Shop end of season sales. You will be amazed how many gorgeous dresses you will be able to find!
5) Try going for a vintage theme, as vintage dresses from the same era will look cohesive, unique and will come at a cheaper price.
6) Trust your bridesmaids and give them a few guidelines, like length and colour, and let them pick out their own dresses – just check you’re happy with them before the big day!
7) Keep the price of accessories down! Your bridesmaids don’t all need matching clutches and shoes, just ask them to stick to a colour scheme and style and let them buy their own.
Browse other similar articles: