Saving Tips: Groom and Ushers’ Attire
Saving Tips: Groom and Ushers’ Attire.
1) Before you decide to go and buy or rent a tux, think first about the style of your wedding and your chosen venue. A smart suit or tux will not always be appropriate for a beach or rustic wedding. Discuss the atmosphere you are going for with your beloved and choose your attire accordingly.
2) If you are contemplating smart attire, then consider buying a sharp, tailored suit instead of a tuxedo. They can look just as good, as the only real difference between a tux and a suit is the satin feel. You will feel more comfortable and you will be able to wear the suit again – bonus!
3) Make sure that you compare the prices of renting vs buying. Sometimes renting can be almost as expensive as buying something brand new, so make sure you know your options. Besides, after you buy you can always resell your suit/tux, making back some of the money.
4) Shop around. Just like a bride will look in a few stores before she buys a gown, so should you. The prices on men’s formal attire can vary greatly, so make sure you get the best deal, both in terms of quality and finances.
5) Don’t be afraid to ask for package deals. If you, your ushers and the dads are getting the tuxes/suits from the same place, you might be able to wangle a great discount.
6) Save on accessories. You can use your own cufflinks, ties and shoes. Just make sure they look dashing and the fit in with your overall look.
7) If you are renting the men’s attire, make sure you know the exact details of the return policy. You don’t want to be fined because you return the clothes a day late. And that’s going to be the last thing on your mind!
8) Follow the popular bridesmaid trend and give your ushers a colour scheme, which they can dress for. It will save them money and the photos will look fantastic.
9) Instead of spending a fortune on matching suits/tuxes, add cohesion with accessories. Try coloured socks, suspenders, vests or bow ties and have fun with them!
10) Even when the tie comes off, make sure you look dapper and well-put-together with some nifty collar magnets! Go to stiffies.co.uk, use the code ‘bridebook’ and get 20% off!
Browse other similar articles: