Saving Tips: Wedding Accessories
Make sure you are the savviest and most stylish bride on your wedding day.
As special as the wedding dress is, nothing brings the look together better than carefully chosen accessories (and a happy bride of course!). We have a huge directory of wedding accessory suppliers so that you’re able to find exactly what you’re looking for. And to avoid any disappointment here are some sneaky tips to make wedding accessory dreams come true!
1. Let us start with the veil. These can be incredibly expensive when purchased at a bridal shop, especially if you’re dreaming of a long one. (If you’re unsure of the different lengths, we’ve written an article all about it for you!) Though veils are for many symbolic of the day, they’re often taken off fairly quickly after the ceremony, so it may be an area you feel you could be lean in. Our advice would be to see if your mum or grandma has a beautiful vintage veil they have tucked safely away. Double check it matches the colour of your dress and you’re good to go – it also counts as your something old and something borrowed. Savvy, hey?
2. Alternatively, you can make a veil or a stunning hair accessory yourself. The number of tutorials and styles are endless! Just make sure you are not pressed for time and that you have enough (good quality) material to have at least a couple of goes at your wonderful DIY. Why not combine it with a girls’ night out or part of your hen party? More celebrations? Yes please.
3. When looking for some beautiful jewellery to compliment your look and sparkly engagement ring, the jewellery boxes of the women in your family (and your beloved’s family) can be treasure troves! Mums and grandmas are likely to have some show-stopping earrings and lovely brooches, so take your time to sift through their treasures.
4. Another great way to find some incredible (and cheap!) accessories is by attending as many auctions, vintage fairs and even charity shops as you can. It might take a longer time and a few more tries than just going to a bridal boutique, but once you find something it is guaranteed to be wonderfully unique and special. It’ll also hopefully serve as a fun breather from the stress of wedding planning.
5. Instead of saving money on lots of different accessories, why not go for one big and central piece that will pull your entire look together with its captivating gorgeousness? This works well for both brides and their bridal teams! So maybe go for a show-stopping hairpiece (think Carrie Bradshaw) or a stunning statement necklace.