Saving Tips: Wedding Breakfast
Options for your wedding breakfast that won’t break the bank!
Oh the Wedding Breakfast! One of our favourite parts of the day! You’re officially a married couple and you get to eat a scrumptious meal with all your favourite friends and family around you – dreamy. However a delicious meal, of any size, can cost a fairly large amount, especially if you are planning on feeding 150 guests! Follow our saving tips and make sure everyone is full to the brim with delicious food, whatever the budget.
1) Explore the seasonal fruits and vegetables available to you in your chosen area! Not only does this mean that you will support local businesses, but you will also have yummy, fresh food for less money!
2) Instead of having the traditional sit-down meal, which could take some £££ from your budget, why not go for a buffet (for a relaxed atmosphere) or for a hog roast.
3) Similarly, instead of serving the traditional canapés, try something like mini-burgers with an exciting sauce! Not only is this option MUCH cheaper, but your guests will definitely remember those quirky nibbles they couldn’t get enough of!
4) Think outside the plate! While fish and meat may be traditional main courses for a wedding breakfast, they can be a bit pricey. If you guys have a secret recipe you’ve perfected, ask your chef to whip that up. Not only will your guests love the individuality, they will also love the yummy taste and you will love the price!
5) Limit the options. The biggest money drainers for a wedding breakfast are multiple course choices. Choose one meat and one vegetarian option for your guests and serve those to everyone.
6) Don’t forget the kids. If you are expecting a fair few little ones at your wedding, make sure your caterer has smaller (and cheaper) plates ready for them.
Browse other similar articles: