Saving Tips: Wedding Entertainment
Get your guests boogying no matter what your budget!
Wedding planning is a lot to have on your plate, and it’s so easy to get muddled in the minutiae. That’s why we’re here, as the #1 Wedding Planning App in the UK, to help and support you ever step of the way. At the end of the day, though, your wedding is essentially one big fat celebration with everyone you care about. Obviously you want to make sure everyone has one of the best nights of their lives, and one thing that is going to make this happen is the wedding music and entertainment – it’s pretty darn important. If you’re keen to book the Rolling Stones you’re going to have to pay top dollar but if you have a little more flexibility, here are some nifty tips to make sure the entertainment rocks without destroying your budget:
1. If you’ve a sister who took piano lessons religiously in her youth or a group of mates who formed a band in sixth form? Recruit them to perform at your wedding! It’ll be great for them to be involved, you will save money and you’ll have loads of fun too! Just make sure that they are happy to perform, that their standards are high and that not ALL of the music is resting on their shoulders. Why not put together a cracking playlist for the gaps in between and after. And give your mates some carefully selected pressies to thank them for putting on a show!
2. If you are a huge fan of live music and are determined to hire a band, then we suggest you go for a smaller one. In a band, each musician gets paid separately, so the fewer you have, the lower the price tag.
3. Don’t forget that wedding vendors will always charge less in the off-peak months, from November to April. This includes wedding bands and DJs!
4. Be your own music provider. If you know exactly which songs will get your guests on the dance floor, then compile the winning playlist yourself. Sit down for an evening together with some nice food and a drink, and treat it as a bit of a date. Then you can rest confident on the day knowing that everyone’s favourites are on the playlist, and that everyone will be getting up for a boogie at some point.
5. Don’t forget about music schools. They will often hire out students in bands, who would really appreciate the experience and the money and will cost you significantly less than a professional wedding band.
6. Always factor in travelling costs! A band that needs to travel for over an hour will always charge you extra, so source out some local talent!