Saving Tips: Wedding Invitations
The tips to gorgeous yet budget-friendly wedding invitations.
Sending out invitations makes it all real and we love choosing the wedding stationery; the choices are endless, the colours are wonderful and the designs get more and more fantastic as you look! However, we do find that invitations can sometimes cost more than originally anticipated. Printing, paper and design are all factors that can increase prices, so here are our top tips to keeping your invitation prices (and your stress levels!) lower:
1) Consider sending paperless post, especially for your Save The Dates (these don’t need to be as formal as the invitations, so have fun with them!) These are great as they are cheaper than paper and you can track who opened them and viewed them too (fantastic if you want to make sure that everyone received and read your important news). Also, websites like paperlesspost.com have some stunning designs, with designers like Oscar de la Renta and Kate Spade bringing a touch of chic to your online post.
2) When picking your invitation design, have a look at a website like Etsy. There are a huge selection of styles, as well as opportunities for bespoke design if you are feeling creative. Your invitations can be made by hand AND come at a much cheaper price. Win win!
3) You know that beautiful colour you’ve chosen that will tie your entire colour scheme together? Use it! Choosing one colour for your invitation saves on printing and makes them look tres chic.
4) Talking of printing, ask your invitations to be sent to you in PDF format and you can print them at home yourself! This is especially useful if you have to do some last minute re-prints. (Providing you have a quality printer and some good paper of course)
5) Once you’ve sent your invitations, save some postage money and ask your guests to RSVP online. This will be brilliant when you start chasing people up or start on your seating plan.
Browse other similar articles: