Saving Tips: Wedding Make-Up
On a budget? No one will notice!
It’s your wedding day and you are going to want to look HOT. TO. TROT – obviously! Whilst looking great is hugely important, so is staying within the limits of your budget (snorefest). Have no fear, you don’t need buckets of money for this – here are our tips on how to look dreamy without spending the big bucks:
1) You can always save on hiring a professional make-up artist by hiring one of their assistants. The assistant has normally shadowed the artist for a significantly long amount of time and has incredible expertise, but will cost you a fraction of the price – oh yes.
2) Why not do your own make-up? You know exactly what colours and styles suit your face so crack on. If it’s good enough for Kate Middleton, it’s good enough for us. Maybe book yourself in for a make-up lesson, just to make sure your skills are ready to go. And then practice, practice and practice before the big day itself, just so you perfect that flicked eyeliner.
3) Another great way to save some pennies is to travel to your make-up artist, instead of them coming to you. You will get all the professional help you could possibly need at a much smaller price. It is always worth asking your artist to give you a touch-up kit, so that you can top up your make-up for photos and throughout the reception.
4) If you had a make-up lesson and are thinking about investing in some make-up, try not spending large amounts of money on make-up that you are not likely to use again. Instead, ask for samples, which will be more than enough for your wedding day.
5) Avoid mentioning the W-word! You will be amazed how much more some salons charge for a bride than for a bridesmaid. Shhhhhh.
Browse other similar articles: