Saving Tips: Wedding Venue
Put on a party that everyone will remember – even if you’re on a budget!
Your wedding reception is the venue, food, booze and all! It’s basically the entire party so it’s guaranteed to take up the largest chunk of your budget. This doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice any of the amazing things you’ve set your eye on (since you were 5)! Read our saving tips and make sure your reception is absolutely perfect:
1) Our top tip to save some money is to book your venue on a weekday, or a Sunday, as Saturdays are the most popular day of the week for wedding venues.
2) Try getting married off-season. In the UK this is the time between November and April and it will save you between 20-30% when booking your venue!
3) If you want to party into the early hours (why not!), then consider getting married later in the day, so you can go straight into your evening meal and festivities. This will save on entertainment and in-between food.
4) Book your ceremony and reception at the same venue. This will save you paying two deposits, relocating flowers and transport expenses!
5) If you can, try looking for last-minute cancellations, as the venue will have great discounts to fill the space.
6) As a general rule, countryside weddings are cheaper than those in cities. (Especially if the city is London!)
7) Try and trim down the guest list. As hard as that is, your biggest costs will come from the price per guest, so make sure to invite the people nearest and dearest to you.
8) Try seating your guests at bigger tables. This will save you money on making centrepieces and it will encourage everyone to chat to each other!
9) If your venue offers an “all-inclusive” deal then go for it! No hidden costs and everything organised at once. Sorted!