Your wedding day has arrived! POP open the champagne because today is going to be the best day of your life! To make sure you have everything you need, here are some bits and bobs you might want to whip together – get your Maid of Honour, AKA the superhero, to hang onto them so you don’t have to.
- Clear nail varnish (goodbye laddered tights or buttons that are about to fall off)
- Extra earring backs
- Hair Pins (try bringing brown and black, so you can work with a variety of hair colours)
- Makeup – cover up, lipstick and anything else you might want to touch up
- Lighter (if a hem is showing a bit of loose thread or if any candles need re-lighting)
- Mints (fresh breath is always a good idea, especially if you had your favourite garlic bread for lunch)
- Mobile phone
- Nail file
- Q Tips
- Safety Pins
- A small sewing kit
- Small phone charger
- Stain remover
- Straws (especially if you are sporting your signature lipstick and don’t want it to smudge!)
- Tissues, because (happy) tears are likely!
- Water bottle
Pack travel-sized versions of everything and it won’t seem like that much. Summer or winter wedding? Here are some more ideas depending on when you choose to celebrate.
- Baby powder. A bit of baby powder will stop your arms chafing against your dress. You’ll be chafe free when rocking the dance floor later too.
- Important for an outdoor wedding, and an indoor one, if photos are outside – opt for scent-free. Then it’s already packed for the honeymoon.
- Bug spray. Depending on the location – but around dusk, bugs can become incredibly active and protection becomes necessary (again opt for scent-free).
- Lip Balm is a major necessity, especially in the winter months, when lips start chapping.
- Hand Cream. Cold air dries the skin on your hands. So if you’re not wearing gloves, get those babies moisturised.
- Anti-static spray. If you are changing in and out of warmer clothes, the spray will stop the static.