Tips: Group Shots Cheat Sheet
For the most organised wedding photos!
Wedding photos are an essential part of your big day. Let’s make sure they are epic but finished in the shortest amount of time, so you can get back to the bubbly.
Here’s our well rehearsed list of traditional group shots – arranged so the elderly aren’t waiting too long, you have your alone time and everyone gets their time to party. You don’t have to take all of these or any of these, but a few of the traditional shots are always much appreciated by the families. Tip: send the order to all people involved so they know when they are expected – and don’t forget to share with your photographer!
1) Newlyweds with…
- Each set of grandparents
- All grandparents
- Each set of immediate family
- Both sets of immediate family
- Each set of parents in turn
- Both sets of parents
- Flower girl and ring bearer
2) Bride with parents
3) Groom with parents
[Families Leave to Enjoy Cocktail Hour]
4) Newlyweds with…
- Maid of honour and best man
- The Ushers and Bridesmaids
5) Bride with Ushers
6) Groom with Ushers
7) Groom with the Best Man
[Ushers Leave to Enjoy Cocktail Hour]
8) Groom with the Bridemaids
9) Bride with the Bridemaids
10) Bride with the maid of honour
11) Newlyweds with the Bridemaids
[Bridemaids leave to Enjoy Cocktail Hour]
12) Last on the list – capture some amazing, romantic shots of you both just married, before heading in to get the party started!
Browse other similar articles: