This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.bridebook.co.uk (Website). The Website is operated by Bridebook Limited (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office on the Register of Data Controllers.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information if you are an individual user (such as your first name, last name, email address, location, device type, operating system, language preferences, gender and age) that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including if you register as a user on the Website, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material via the Website, or request any information from us about the Website or the service we offer via the Website;
- information if you are a venue or other supplier (“Suppliers”) using the Service (such as relationship information between you as a Supplier and individual users; photographs, telephone numbers, email addresses, website addresses and other publicly available information such as venue capacity and venue location) that you provide by using the Service in a capacity as a Supplier, communicating with individual users via the Website or by uploading or submitting material via the Website;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details, if you choose to register with us (either as a user or Supplier) on the Website;
- details of any Supplier bookings or other transactions made or received by you through the Website (such as information you input into the budget planner or any venues or other suppliers you have tagged or otherwise listed within your dashboard);
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content;
- information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Website, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- guest list and wedding day budget information (such as overall budget and amounts booked) which you choose to input into our budget planner facility on your dashboard within your account on the Website;
- details, including photographs, relating to your wedding day and associated Suppliers if you choose to participate in our Real Weddings feature; and
- information that you post in the form of comments or contributions to venue and/or supplier reviews or discussions.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Uses made of your information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the services and information offered through the Website and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- analyse the use of the Website and the trends of the people visiting and using the Website in order to improve our content and services, including research into our users’ demographics and trends within the wedding industry;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as our periodic newsletter provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes;
- allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
When you visit the Website, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the Website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your device on the internet) and your operating system, which are automatically recognised by our web server.
Cookies and similar technology
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Website and will last for longer.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website for the purposes set out below:
- Essential session management cookies.
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, cannot be provided to you.
- Creating a specific log-in session for a user of our Website in order that the Website remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner to allow you to navigate around the Website quickly.
- Recognising when a visitor to the website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get.
- Recognising when a visitor to the website is a registered user member.
- We may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of the Services.
These cookies allow our Website to remember choices or selections you make around functionality features (such as your user name, language selections or region within which you are located) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We also use these cookies to remember changes you make to other parts of our Website which you may be able to customise from time to time. The information we collect via these cookies may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website for example by storing a country code and providing users with content relevant to their country.
Performance and measurement cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a Website works.
Collecting statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors.
We employ Google analytics. You can opt out of Google analytics by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and following the instructions.
We use an analytics provider called Mixpanel. More information about the service Mixpanel offers can be found at http://mixpanel.com/privacy. Mixpanel offer a cookie based opt-out facility at https://mixpanel.com/optout/. Please note that if you clear your cookies cache on your browser, this opt-out may cease to have effect and you may need to follow the above mentioned opt-out process again to remove Mixpanel cookies from your device.
Some of the cookies used on our Website are set by us and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a Court order or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person).
The Website may, from time to time, make review and comment boards and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Data storage and international transfers
Information that you submit via the Website may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA. If you make contact with any Suppliers featured on the Website your details may be transferred outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Website, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
In addition, if you use our services while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.