What is your most memorable wedding?
My first! Hannah & Geraint in 2008 - Although I planned and prepared meticulously , to say I was nervous is a bit of an understatement!
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
Planned, Fun, Spontaneous, Traditional & Reportage
What about your business are you most proud of?
My dedication to the customer and my desire to please them!
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Prepare well with your photographer, but do not let them take over - it's your day!
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
The grandparents of the bride wanted special shots of a six month girl - however, she was initially terrified of me - until I gave her a bottle of milk!!
Describe your typical process with a couple.
1. Meet up - discuss their wants and suggest ideas
2. Provide quotation based on information gathered.
3. Written confirmation of agreed quotation.
4. Keep in touch - the couple are encouraged to communicate any ideas/requirements.
5. Approximately 4/6 weeks before the wedding I confirm the wedding agenda with the couple.
6. I arrange meeting with wedding planner at venue and clergy to discuss the event in more detail.
7. Visit marriage ceremony venue and reception venue to plan photography and look for ideas.
8. Final discussion with couple to ensure I've taken their requirements into consideration.
9. THE WEDDING! Cameras, Lights and action WITH A SMILE!
What is the most original photo you’ve been asked to take at a wedding?
At Clearwell Castle, Forest of Dean..I had estimated that the moon would be above the castle at a certain time - and it was! so I took a wide angle shot of the newly married , castle and a gorgeous moon above!
What do you recommend for a rainy day wedding?
I always consider this outcome - therefore in my preparations, I look for weather proof settings...both internally and externally. If it rains then you shouldn't let this get in the way of capturing a wonderful special day!
Describe how you got into photography.
I have always had an interest in photography, purchasing the best cameras I could afford for many years and studying from technical books etc. Approximately 15 years ago I was asked by friends to photograph their children. They were ecstatic with the results and so I decided to study further and create my own business in 2008.