What is your most memorable wedding?
Polly and Simon's in April 2013 - our first in the fantastically iconic St Pancras Station. Two of the images were used for Camden Register Office poster campaign in bus shelters across the borough. Oh, and one poster site was on the public toilets at Russell Square - when I told the couple they actually wanted a photo included in their album!
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
Fun, friendly, relaxed, organised, flexible
What about your business are you most proud of?
That we go from knowing one or two people at the beginning of the wedding process and by the end of the wedding day we feel like part of the family.
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Value the photography - you wear the dress once, you visit the venue on one day, you eat and drink the food on the day, you listen to the band/DJ on the night - you will have the images from your day for your entire married life and beyond.
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
An entire Eurostar carriage being hired to take a wedding party from St Pancras Station (where the wedding took place) to Brussels for the evening meal and first dance on the Grand Place! (Accompanied by the photographer of course!)
Describe your typical process with a couple.
1. Firstly we like to meet couples face to face (even via Skype) - so we can decide if we like each other! We will be part of your special day and see more of each of you than your other half will - we think it is important to feel comfortable with your photographer(s).
2. We discuss your plans and we then draw up a proposal including photo itinerary for the day based on the current plans.
3. You then decide whether this suits your style, budget and gut feeling.
4. We'll agree on the deposit to firm your booking and arrange a pre-wedding shoot date (a chance for you to see how we work, get used to our direction and posing; and for us to see how you are in front of the camera). We will probably visit the venue if we don't already know it.
5. After the pre-wedding shoot we refine any plans and see you on the day!
6. On the day we capture all the moments from you getting ready, details, arrival at ceremony, ceremony, wedding breakfasts, reception, speeches, cake cutting, first dance and however long you want us to stay!
7. We'll have edited images ready for you as agreed - often 1-2 weeks after the day and we love to show you the images online, usually with champagne.
8. You confirm your delight and pay the balance and the images are yours for eternity! We can discuss printed albums at this point if you wish. And to be honest we like staying in touch!
What is the No. 1 photo that you think every couple should take?
We always like 'beauty shots' of the couple, the one shot that may be printed and put on the mantlepiece or bedside table. The two of you, formal or informal, laughing or kissing, whatever captures the best version of YOU as a couple. We'll work on what that moment may be when we see you at the pre-wedding shoot.
What is the most original photo you’ve been asked to take at a wedding?
After a civil ceremony we popped over to the couple's house so we could take photos of them with their beloved pet dog who was sadly not allowed to the ceremony!
What do you recommend for a rainy day wedding?
Umbrellas and wellies - makes for some interesting and different photos...
Describe how you got into photography.
I've had a camera since I was ten and was always the 'one with the camera' albeit a hobby. I worked in marketing communications for over 20 years and I had not considered Wedding Photography until someone suggested to a work colleague that 'Sam could do it, she's got a camera'! Since then I set up my own photography business where Wedding Photography is a major park of the focus.