What is your most memorable wedding?
An outdoor ceremony, in the Kent countryside, on the hottest day of the year, under the biggest tree in the British Isles. Magical!
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
Warm, approachable, fun, friendly, relaxed
What about your business are you most proud of?
Being entrusted to lead wedding ceremonies on the most important days of people's lives. Winning the national accolade of 'Celebrant Of The Year 2020' at The Wedding Industry Awards - an awards event based purely on genuine feedback from real couples - an exceptionally proud moment!
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Don't leave it to the last minute to find your celebrant - we get booked up way in advance!
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
Being an animal lover, I love having dogs as guests at weddings - and at a wedding I did this year, having a couple's doggie leading them up the aisle, as they were all showered with confetti was a fabulous sight! I recently had a bride arrive at her outdoor wedding on her horse. The horse stayed to watch the entire ceremony!
Describe your typical process with a couple.
1. Initial no obligation phone call or video call - am I the right celebrant for you?
2. Booking deposit taken and booking confirmed in my diary
3. Receipt and booking agreement sent to couple and signed
4. Planning meeting takes place
5. Ceremony is written and 1st draft sent to couple for any adjustments
6. Ceremony is redrafted as necessary and final version agreed and signed off (ideally one month before the wedding date)
7. I attend a rehearsal with the couple - usually sometime during the week leading up to the wedding day
8. I arrive well in advance on the wedding day to chat to anyone playing a part in the ceremony, who may not have been able to attend the rehearsal
9. I lead your wedding ceremony, supporting and guiding you every step of the way!
What is the most unusual thing you’ve been asked to plan?
The involvement of wedding guests in a kazoo orchestra to 'perform' during a ceremony. It was BRILLIANT!
How do you ensure a stress-free wedding?
Good communication is key - being clear from the start about what will happen when, providing each couple with a check list and a timeline, and staying in touch as often as the couple wish. A rehearsal is essential in ensuring a stress free ceremony.
What do you love most about your job?
Witnessing one of the most important moments in a couple's journey - telling their unique love story in a way that's just right for them.
What is your favourite moment at a wedding?
The exchange of vows - gets me EVERY SINGLE time!