What is your most memorable wedding?
Do shop for your wedding jewellery at least 3 months before the wedding. Especially if you want a more complex bridal piece, or a custom made item like a diamond eternity wedding ring. With the stress of wedding planning, it's so easy to leave the rings until the last minute. But if there's something in your order that needs to be hand made, or the setting ordered especially from the caster, it's a good idea to plan early. By purchasing ahead of time, you'll avoid the disappointment of not being able to get the exact, special bridal piece you wanted for your day.
Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
The engagement ring. It's a beautiful reminder of the happy day when she and her fiancé promised themselves to each other forever.
What about your business are you most proud of?
There are so many. A recent one is a groom we helped pick a stunning ruby engagement ring. He proposed in romantic Rome... and she said yes!
You'll be able to see the lovely pics of the proposal, the ring, and the message the bride sent to us. Just look under 'Visitor Posts' on our Facebook page, 23 September 2015.
What is your No. 1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Wearing the wedding ring first, before the engagement ring. This means the bride will slip the engagement ring onto her right hand during the wedding ceremony.
Once the wedding ring is on her finger, she'll then slide her engagement ring back onto the left hand ring finger afterwards, to 'seal' the wedding ring in place. This is in keeping with the tradition that a wedding ring should never be taken off.
What is your favourite personal touch you have seen at a wedding?
1. Since we're an online jewellery store, you would start off by browsing our website www.thediamondstore.co.uk.
2. We have more than 8,000 beautiful pieces of diamond and gemstone jewellery! However, everything is categorised in a really easy way, so you'll find your way around without effort.
3. Plus we offer high definition videos and images of our jewellery, so you can see what everything looks like on a real person.
4. Our Personal Shoppers are available by live chat, phone and email, as well as directly on our Facebook page. They will help you identify the best jewellery for your budget.
5. Next comes the exciting part! We hand set and polish your jewellery in our London workshop. Then we wrap it up in luxury packaging, ready for insured 24-hour delivery. (On the outside, though, it looks like a normal postage parcel to not spoil any gift surprises.)
6. Finally, we track the package to make sure it arrives safely and by your specified date... and that you love your bridal jewellery!
Describe your typical process with a couple.
The thoughtful groom who ordered a birthstone necklace for his bride as a special wedding gift to remember her wedding day by! It was a sapphire pendant to symbolise her September birthday.
What are your favourite wedding traditions for rings?
We make our own jewellery. Our Jeweller and Gem Buyer, who work from our London workshop, both have more than 40 years experience in the industry! This is why we're able to give you such a high standard of quality and expertise in our jewellery.
What is the most romantic engraving you have seen on a wedding ring?
"Til there are no more stars..."
Which ring do you think holds most significance for a bride?
Luxurious, Handcrafted, Beautiful, Expert, Affordable
What is your favourite proposal story?
There's this lovely couple, Kelly and Lewis, who happened to win £1,000 worth of diamond jewellery from us in a competition we ran with Venture photography studios. At the time, we did not know they were getting married. After the competition ended, they told us the news! We were just delighted. It was so lovely, because Kelly was able to pick a stunning diamond wedding ring, diamond stud earrings and a solitaire necklace for her bridal look! This is definitely one of the things we love about our job – playing a small yet important role in people's special occasions. Kelly's beautiful jewellery will always be there to remind her and Lewis of their beautiful day.