Please note that we are currently closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak and we are unable to arrange viewings of the Hall at this time.
At this time, we do not know when we will be able to re-open the Hall safely. Due to the current restrictions on social distancing to help suppress the spread of COVID-19, availability of the Registrars, and uncertainty as to when we will re-open, we may not be able to accept any new bookings for ceremonies.
Please find more information below about ceremonies at Ayscoughfee during Covid-19 restrictions and those once things are back to normal.
Ceremonies during the Covid-19 outbreak
Due to the limitations of the Hall, measures to keep people safe and current restrictions on Weddings from Government and Registrars the following measures will be in place.
• To ensure safe social distancing during the ceremony and pre-ceremony checks, a 2m distance will be observed throughout the Hall.
o This reduces the need for face coverings, but couples and guests are encouraged to do so where they are able to.
• Maximum of 16 Guests + Couple (18 people in total). This figure does not include registrars, but does include any other people such as photographers.
o Whilst we do have some flexibility on seating arrangements, our ceremony room is narrow, which limits how we can seat people safely.
o This maximum number assumes that groups of guests will be able to sit together (e.g. in household/family groups).
o Depending on the groupings of your guests the maximum number might need to be reduced to maintain 2m distance between groups.
• Bookings are for Ceremony only.
o No reception, food or drink, would be permitted at the Hall.
o Please note that if you are arranging a reception elsewhere, these are still limited: “Wedding celebrations can only happen when people follow the guidance of six people outdoors, support bubbles, or two households indoors or outdoors. It is critical for these guidelines to be observed to keep you and your family and friends as safe as possible.” https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do-after-4-july
• The Hall will be closed to the public for your ceremony.
• To minimise group exposure during ceremonies (recommended time is 15 minutes), the Registrars have advised that ceremonies are likely to be shortened and limited to one reading and simpler vows to accommodate this restriction.
• Ayscoughfee Hall Staff will set up the room, meet and greet the party, but will not be present in the room during the ceremony. This means you should you want music, you will need to ask a member of your party to manage this for you.
• We will be required to keep a temporary record of visitors for 21 days to assist with NHS Test and Trace requests for data if needed for contact tracing and the investigation of local outbreaks. Couples/guests will need to provide contact details (Name, telephone number and/or email address) of everyone attending a ceremony.
• Any bookings or reservations made will be on the understanding that they may be subject to additional social distancing measures & restrictions or cancelled at short notice to adhere to current government guidance to protect the safety of guests, staff and members of the public.
• Please see current government guidance for more information about ceremonies: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-small-marriages-and-civil-partnerships/covid-19-guidance-for-small-marriages-and-civil-partnerships
Ceremonies after Covid-19 outbreak:
Ayscoughfee Hall is licensed to hold civil ceremonies for up to 40 people. It is an intimate and unique venue set in five acres of public gardens ideal for your photographs.
The cost of a civil wedding at Ayscoughfee Hall ranges from £300 - £900 inc. VAT depending on your requirements.
All packages includes exclusive use of rooms within our South Wing which includes:
The Spalding Gentlemen’s Society room, one of our licensed rooms, holds up 40 guests, enabling you to enjoy a beautifully intimate ceremony, surrounded by those closest to you. This room provides views over the South Lawn, with its iconic Yew Trees that are over 200 years old.
The 19th Century Library provides a fantastic setting for photographs and signing the Register, and is also licensed for smaller ceremonies.
The Garden Room with views and access to the gardens, is available for light refreshments before and after the ceremony.
Please note that we do not have catering facilities at the hall, however hirers of the Hall are welcome to use an outside catering company.
We offer 3 wedding packages:
£300 - Basic package: perfect if you just want a small ceremony for around 10 guests with no reception.
£600 - Standard package: Ideal option for upto 40 guests. This option adds a short drinks reception to your ceremony. Up to 3 hours.
£900 - Enhanced: For Ceremonies with a reception before and/or after the ceremony. For parties up to 40 guests, this option allows a longer reception and enables you to add external catering to your wedding. Up to 5 hours. If you would require the hall for longer, this can be arranged, but will incur additional fees to cover the cost of Hall Staff.
All packages include use of the Hall and Gardens for your Photographs.
A little more about the Ayscoughfee Hall Museum and Gardens:
Ayscoughfee Hall Museum is a Medieval hall dating back to 1451, an impressive Grade 1 listed building -which makes it an amazing and unique setting for your ceremony. This fascinating building mirrors the changing tastes and times of its successive owners with architectural details from the Medieval, Georgian and Victorian periods.
The Hall sits within five acres of unique public gardens. Among the attractions of the beautiful grounds are a late eighteenth century ice house, fine yew hedges dating back to the 1720s, an ornamental lake and a war memorial designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.
The Hall is just minutes from Spalding Town Centre, and there is ample public parking nearby for your guests.
More information and Brochure:
Please visit our website www.sholland.gov.uk/weddings for more information about Ayscoughfee. You can also download a copy of our wedding brochure, full terms and conditions and a guide to planning a ceremony at Ayscoughfee.
Booking the Hall:
As a Grade I listed building, the number of weddings allowed per year is limited and are on a first come first served basis.
In order to secure a date, we require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of your total fee.
We understand that you may have lots of other things to organise so to help with this, you can make a reservation and we will provisionally hold it for 8 weeks.
However, please note that as a working museum, the Hall is often needed for other events at short notice. This means we cannot guarantee dates and times until you have made a firm booking by paying the non-refundable deposit. We will of course do our best to preserve the date of your reservation, and contact you as soon as possible, should there be any issues with the date you have reserved.