This picturesque 14th century building with a moat could be the perfect place to have your wedding reception with your friends and family.
Features & Capacity
Country House / Manor House
Sleeps # of People
Late Night Extension Available
Bridal Changing Facilities
In-house Wedding Coordinator
Ceremony and Reception
Church Within Walking Distance
Sound System Available
Food and Drink
Corkage Charge for Own Alcohol
Pricing & Costs
Venue Hire Only
Prices start at
No reviews yet
No reviews yet
Be the first one to tell everyone about the experience you’ve had with this supplier.
Situated in the picturesque rural countryside of Suffolk, Boxted Hall lies in the heart of a valley, obscured from the bustle of everyday life.
The ground floor reception rooms are as followed:
- Main hall -seats up to 84 for a formal wedding breakfast and with its original panelled dance floor is an ideal room for your evening entertainment. We can accommodate up to 150 guests for the evening entertainment and buffet.
- Drawing room with a Grand piano. Shuttered windows, door opening and leading on to garden within moat walls. Open fire.
- The Library is another comfortable anteroom for those guests wishing to escape the dancing and relax.
- Billiard Room with full size table. Music system, TV. Shuttered windows with views onto moat. French doors leading to garden within moat walls. Independent heating system. Well sound proofed. We always have a ‘wet weather’ plan and the billiard room is ideal for the drinks reception if the weather is poor.
- Dining room, which adjoins the main Hall and is an ideal area for a bar in the evening.
- Two downstairs toilets including one with full equipment to cater for any guests with restricted mobility
- Patio and lawn providing one of the best backdrops in Suffolk.
- There is unlimited parking.
We use a number of excellent caterers who will prepare a menu for the Wedding breakfast following a meeting with the couple, they will also organise a tasting, either at their premises or at Boxted Hall. Please find details if our preferred caterers on our website.
The couple are welcome to bring their own wines and Champagnes and we make a small corkage charge for this. Alternatively, we have a comprehensive wine list and couples can purchase their wine through Boxted Hall.
Personal Message from the Manager
Name of Wedding Contact: Jennie
Please do get in touch, every wedding is different, and we want to help you at every step of the way.
# Of Weddings Hosted
Between 30 and 50
Location & Contact Details
Boxted, Bury Saint Edmunds, Suffolk, IP29 4JT, England