Masa is a fine dining restaurant and a function venue set in a Grade II listed Wesleyan Chapel conversion. The chapel has been lovingly converted keeping lots of traditional features and is complemented by the plain and contemporary style furnishings. The long bridal path from the front gates to the beautiful pulpit enables a traditional wedding ceremony and reception all under one roof.
You will have exclusive use of the venue, and will be served by the permanent team including our award winning chef and his team. We cater for all ceremonies and budgets, so whether you are having a grand affair or an intimate celebration we will never compromise on the quality of food or service.
Type of Cuisine: Modern British
Masa currently holds the award for Best Restaurant in Derby, our restaurant has AA rosettes and is also featured in the good food guide.
- Describe the best wedding that happened at your venue?
How can we possibly choose! As a wedding venue, we have a very unique layout, and every couple users the space differently so we are always seeing different layouts and themes.
- What’s your #1 wedding planning tip for couples?
Don't panic, stay relaxed, enjoy your wedding planning and wedding day!
- What’s your favourite personal touch you’ve seen at a wedding?
At Masa we always make sure the newly married couple remember to eat at the reception.
- Describe your venue in 5 adjectives.
Grand, Unique, Beautiful, Historic, Intimate
- Where’s the best photo spot at your venue?
Team Masa can not agree on this, out side the front entrance is beautiful but the balcony shot looking down is really quirky.
- What’s your favourite canapé?
Our head chefs Black pudding and apricot sausage roll.
- What’s your favourite midnight treat?
- What is your venue's most unique feature?
We cant choose just one feature as the weddings & the restaurant are situated in a stunning grade II listed converted chapel Masa retains many traditional features.
- What part of your business are you most proud of?
The way all the team work together and help each other when needed.